On behalf of ISANH International and ISANH Middle East, it is a great pleasure to announce the organization of ISANH Middle East Antioxidants World Congress which will be held in Beirut, Lebanon, on May 3-4, 2017.
The aim of this international congress is to gather all stakeholders in antioxidants field and their impact on nutrition and health. Participants will majority come from Middle East, Africa, Europe & Asia to discuss about some strategic axes during ISANH Middle East 2017.
Beirut Antioxidants 2017 congress will be dedicated to different targets:
- Antioxidants & Oxidative Stress in health and medicine
- Antioxidants & functional ingredients used in food & beverage industry
- Practical applications of antioxidants in cosmetic industry
- Dietary Supplements in Middle East
Antioxidants and Oxidative Stress in Health & Medicine
On the first part, the scientific committee will allocate time to discuss about oxidative stress and chronic diseases. We will present the recent advances and discuss how to decrease and modulate oxidative stress related diseases such as diabetes, obesity, cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, infertility…
Clinical studies will be selected to present the subtle effects of antioxidants on health.
Antioxidants & Medical Food: Toward the personalization of medicine
During this session, the scientific committee will present the antioxidants in medical food for diabetes & obesity, cancer, ageing, neurodegenerative diseases and also specific medical food for babies and seniors.
Antioxidants & Functional ingredients in food and beverage
We cannot talk about beneficial effects of antioxidants without presenting how to formulate and use natural antioxidants.
During this session, we will answer the following questions:
- How to use antioxidants to prevent food & beverage oxidation?
- How to use antioxidants as antiomicrobial, natural conservators, antibacterial actor?
- How to decrease glycation and Maillard Reaction?
- How to decrease acrylamide formation?
A debate will be organized on the strategic theme: Natural vs synthetic antioxidants: bioavailability, toxicity and impact on gut microbiota.
A special session is dedicated to the valorization of natural sources of antioxidants, industrial byproducts as well as functional ingredients in the Middle East.
Practical Applications of Antioxidants in Cosmetic Industries
During this session we will discuss about the new trends in scientific research regarding the antioxidants in the cosmetic field. As for example:
- Antioxidant strategies to delay skin ageing
- Targeting skin mitochondria: A promising strategy
- How to increase skin antioxidant defense system?
- Antioxidants to treat dermatologic disorders
- Antioxidant and skin bioavailability: Recent advances and future vision
Dietary Supplements in the Middle East
Many antioxidants are used in many dietary supplements formulations to prevent diseases. The aim of session is to discuss about the recent advances, clinical studies, regulation and marketing of antioxidants in dietary supplements.
The status and regulation of dietary supplements in Europe is completely different than in Middle East.
A round table discussion will be organized to discuss and how to harmonize the European and Middle East regulation?
Moreover, we will discuss the role of local institutions to setup a guideline to give credibility to the market of food and dietary supplements.
With this exciting program, we wish to meet you in Beirut next May.
Pr Richard Maroun
President of ISANH Middle East